H on Mitchell Apartment Hotel
Hotel & Apartments in the heart of Darwin City
Perfectly situated in the CBD for Corporate and Leisure guests, H on Mitchell Apartment Hotel is located in the heart of the business and entertainment precinct. We are a 180 room apartment hotel, comprising Hotel Suites, 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom apartments.
It is within close proximity to the main tourist attractions such as Mindil Beach, Darwin Waterfront Precinct, Darwin Convention Centre, Darwin Entertainment Centre, shops, supermarkets and many of the city’s popular cafés and restaurants.
You will have the freedom to feel at home, rest, rejuvenate and be fully immersed in the unique vibrant culture of Darwin City.
COVID-19 (CORONA VIRUS)
From 4:00 pm Tuesday 24 March, all non-essential travellers arriving at the Territory borders will be required to go through a police control checkpoint to verify their medical status and purpose of their travel into the Territory.
They will also be required to self-isolate for 14 days upon arrival, with penalties for those who do not comply.
We have introduced a “Stay Safe 14 Day Isolation package” at H on Mitchell to assist anyone that will be required to undertake these mandatory measures.
The H on Mitchell Hotel is taking the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) very seriously and are continuing to formulate and adapt our action plans in conjunction with local and Federal Government agencies on a daily basis. The safety of our employees, guests and corporate clients is of the upmost importance to us during this time.
To date, we have undertaken the following:
- We have engaged Department of Health experts to brief our staff on signs and symptoms of the virus in order to early detect and contain;
- We have released initial correspondence to employees and guests alike about the virus and what to look for if there is any suspicion of the virus being present on one of our properties;
- We have altered our room service regime to include a more rigorous cleaning method for rooms, high traffic areas are receiving more extensive cleaning than previous;
- Alcohol based hand sanitisers will be located at reception and throughout the Hotels so quests can self-administer at their leisure, understanding that the procurement of alcohol-based hand sanitiser is somewhat difficult at the moment;
- We have trained our staff in cross-contamination techniques, such as:
- removing used dishes in the first instance from the hallway, once placed there by the guest.
- once the dirty dishes are removed using one trolley, our staff then replace PPE (gloves).
- our staff then present with the newly ordered food. This greatly minimises the risk of contaminating our staff and guests. We have undertaken the same process with housekeeping so as to minimise the risk of cross-contamination for linen also.
- We have started recording flight details and locations of travel for the previous week from guests checking in.
As we move through this period and more becomes known of the virus and the risks surrounding the virus, we will continue to update our systems and behaviour alike to ensure the risk to our employees, guests and corporate clients is minimised as much as we can.
H on Mitchell Apartment Hotel provides a choice of hotel suites and 1 or 2 bedroom apartments, all of which have been designed to suit the needs of the guest. Rooms are appointed with a range of features including a modern and spacious living area, work desk, fully equipped kitchen, laundry and private balcony, so guests can relax and unwind in their own private retreat.
Enjoy sensational food at the Lizards Bar and Restaurant 7 days a week.
A vibrant menu with an exciting selection that showcases our local produce and seasonal flavours.
Cocktails Wine & Beers
Enjoy a wide selection of local & imported beers, premium Australian & New Zealand wines or a cocktail.
Guests can enjoy an array of onsite facilities for a highly enjoyable and comfortable stay.
Our front office team is able to assist in booking your local tours.
Where to find us
The hotel is centrally located in the city centre at 105 Mitchell Street in Darwin
Follow the Stuart Highway into the city and turn left into Mitchell Street. The hotel is only a 15 minute drive to or from the Darwin Airport.